Publishing an existing article in another department
To be public, a content object, in this case, an article, must be published within a department. An article can be published in an unlimited number of departments.
To publish an existing article in a department where it wasn’t originally created you use the copy/paste method.
It should be pointed out that in Polopoly, copying a content using the copy/paste buttons should not be taken literally; what is copied in the operation is a reference to the article, not the content object itself. There will only be one content object no matter how many copies you make from it using the copy/paste buttons. One great benefit from this is that when you update the content object the changes will immediately propagate to all occurrences of the content object.
Use the copy/paste method by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to or search for the article you wish to publish and open it in view mode
- Click the copy icon in the upper right of the template
- Go to the department where you want to publish the article and open the department in edit mode
- Click the paste icon above the content list
- Optional: Select position in the content list by using drag-and-drop technique to move it (grab the parallell lines in front of listed content)
- Click the "Save & View" button to save your changes