Interim regulations relating to third cycle studies for students who are enrolled before 01-02-2011
Internal instruction no. 7/2010
Applies from 01-02-2010
This internal instruction is based on:
- The President's decision no. UF-2010/0638, Reg.no. V-2010-0672, doss 69
As of 01-02-2011, all doctoral students (the term applies both to admission to Licentiate and Doctoral programmes) who are admitted to a programme at third cycle are admitted to a doctoral programme.
A doctoral student admitted before 01-02-2011 to a programme of education in a subject at third cycle can complete their education in accordance with the specified subject curriculum at the time of admission. This applies both to the regulations that relate to the possible area of specialisation as well as to the course requirements.
KTH management recommends that all doctoral students who are admitted before 01-02-2011 should study in a doctoral programme. To facilitate this, the principal supervisor concerned is responsible for informing their previously admitted doctoral students of the current programme and its subject/subjects. At KTH, unchanged, revised or newly established subjects are studied on a doctoral programme. If you need to change the direction of your studies in a doctoral programme, it is dealt with as follows:
1) In the event of studies in a doctoral programme with an unchanged or revised subject (with the same designation as before):
- An application for postgraduate studies in a doctoral programme must be submitted on the form below.
- In connection with the change, a new individual study plan must be established so that the continuing education complies with the requirements of the programme within the specified subject curriculum.
2) When changing to a new and newly established subject:
- An application for postgraduate studies in a newly established subject in a doctoral programme must be submitted on the form below.
- In connection with the change, a new individual study plan must be submitted so that the continuing education complies with the requirements of new subject curriculum.
Procedures for the application
The completed application form, the same for both options 1 and 2, must be submitted to the school concerned.
A decision on studies in a doctoral programme together with a change of subject (if applicable) at research level will be decided by the Head of School after consultation with the principal supervisor, director of doctoral studies and the programme coordinator concerned.
Application for doctoral programme and change of subject area at third cycle