Unite! Teaching and Learning in the International Classroom - Tips & Tricks
The unite! European University Alliance welcomes all partner’s teaching staff to a series of activities designed to share and develop teaching and learning in an international setting. The Teaching and Learning Unite! activities are aimed at all faculties and staff involved with education in all partner universities. We are inviting you to meet Unite! colleagues to share practices with the aim of developing your own teaching. Get an insight into how teaching and learning is promoted at different partner universities.
The activities – webinars, courses and training events – are run by pedagogical experts from the partner universities and are free of charge for the Unite! community. All activities are held in English and run online. You may receive a certificate, and some of the activities award credits.
Time: Fri 2022-04-08 09.00
Location: Metacampus (online)
Lecturer: Dra. Karla Pfützenreuter , TU Darmstadt och Dr. Björn Kjellgren, KTH
Activity 5: Teaching and Learning in the International Classroom - Tips & Tricks
Host: TU Darmstadt och KTH
April 8th and April 29th , 09.00-13.00 (CET)
A culturally diverse learning environment comes with great potential for all students, the international as well as the local ones. New perspectives, widened horizons, and the honing of global competences are vital for our graduates. In this workshop, we discuss different tools and strategies to promote teaching and learning in culturally diverse groups, using real life scenarios and your own experiences.
• What does internationalisation and cultural diversity mean in my own context?
• How can I best promote the development of my students’ intercultural awareness and competences?
• How can I turn my classroom into a thriving atmosphere for a culturally diverse group of students?
• What can I myself learn from the international classroom?
Learning outcomes, after the workshop you should be able to:
• Discuss cultural aspects of teaching and learning from different perspectives.
• Propose ways of teaching t hat promote participation and collaboration.
• Redesign learning activities to help students develop global competence.
Contact person: Nicole Herzog, Nicole.herzog1@tu darmstadt.de
Last day to register for this workshop is on March 25th, to register you need to follow this link and create an account on Metacampus . A step by step guide for registration is available on this pdf. (pdf 1.5 MB)