Checklist for In-Person Physical Events in the times of the Corona Pandemic
The Corona pandemic has made us change our routines and how we interact with each other. This also effects how events and conferences are executed at KTH.
In- person events must take place in line with the current restrictions and recommendations from the government and the Public Health Agency of Sweden . The following checklist outlines preventive steps to take to minimize the spread of infections.
Preventing the spread of infection
To prevent the spread of infection at physical events there are a number of aspects to consider, based on the guidelines issued by governmental authorities:
- Encourage participants to stay at home in the event of symptoms.
- Set up the space in such a manner so that the participants can keep a distance of at least 1,5 metres.
- Establish easy possibilities for good hand hygiene.
Restrictions of how many people that can meet in person may change throughout the pandemic but it is important to always ensure adequate distance between the attendees.
Premises and furnishings
At KTH there are a wide variety of types of premises , facilities and rooms available for events. As a governmental entity we also have the possibility, via the Swedish Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency, Kammarkollegiet, to order off-campus facilities/premises.
- Book a room/facility that allows for sufficient distance between participants to be maintained, both seated and when moving about. Please ensure you adapt the number of people in rooms that have fixed furnitures to keep in line with the recommendations,
- Keep in mind that congestion must be avoided during gathering in lobbies, passageways, outside WCs, etc.
- Book several rooms and divide the attendees into different groups.
- Use table placement assignments or block-off seating to clarify suitable distances; for assistance with furnishing contact the Room Booking Office .
- Set up information tags that remind people to maintain social distancing.
PDF for printing, Poster – KEEP YOUR DISTANCE (learning environments in English) (pdf 35 kB)
PDF for printing, Poster – HÅLL AVSTÅND (in Swedish) (pdf 33 kB)
- Provide extra hand sanitiser at appropriate locations.
- Add extra cleaning of rooms, contact the Room Booking Office .
Food and drink
KTH’s contracted suppliers must be utilised when ordering food and beverages as they have processes in place to reduce the risk of the spread of infection.
Framework Agreements-Catering , enter the word “catering” in the search box.
- Use portion-packed meals.
- Set up more food stations than usual, or have the vendor serve – this in order to avoid people queuing up.
- Mark the spacing/social distancing on floors – to create reminders.
Structure and arrangements for events
Events and conferences at KTH can be in-person, digital or hybrid. Choose a format that suit your agenda best and plan accordingly.
- Review the possibilities to offer both physical and digital participation, so as to reduce the number of people physically present and increase the possibility of attendance by individuals who would others avoid physical in-person interactions.
- Divide the event participants into groups and book several venues/rooms/facilities.
- Divide up the event over several days, for the purpose of reducing the number of people present at any one time.
- Conduct events outdoors.
- Review the possibility to provide support to participants with transportation to the premises for the event.
Information for participants
Inform the attendees (both pre-event and onsite) of how the event will be executed to reduce the risk of infection. Provide information in advance concerning measures and be clear as to specific requests for e.g. social distancing.
Examples of points of information that could be used prior to events
- Encourage those who have symptoms to stay at home.
- Encourage everyone to maintain social distancing.
- Confirm that extra cleaning efforts will be made.
- Confirm that hand sanitiser will be available.
- Clarify that prior registration is required; as is cancellation if necessary.
- Clarify how refreshments will be dealt with.
- Clarify how things will be arranged at the event.
Examples of points of information at the start of and during events
- Remind everyone to maintain social distancing.
- Indicate where the WCs and hand sanitiser can be found.
- Explain how breaks such as coffee breaks and lunch will be dealt with.
Reminder to keep yourself up-to-date on any new Directives and guidance via the Public Health Agency of Sweden .
If you would like any advice or guidance on planning the event, please contact email@example.com .