Workshop: AI for Life Science @ KTH
KTH’s research platforms on Digitalization and Life Science Technology warmly welcomes you to a daylong workshop on artificial intelligence and machine learning for life science, health and care. The aim is to bring together academia, industry and government.
Time: Wed 2020-10-14 09.00 - 17.00
Lecturer: Organisers: KTH Digitalization Platform and KTH Life Science Technology Platform
Location: Virtual event in zoom
Imagine and organize a research agenda for AI in Health
Improved prediction methods in AI and machine learning are increasingly enhancing the scientific and technological progress in life science, health and care. Moreover, the recently opened Center for Health Data in Stockholm presents a unique opportunity to leverage health data to improve the healthcare system, from prevention to diagnosis and treatment.
Within this backdrop, KTH’s research platforms on Digitalization and Life Science warmly welcomes you to a workshop on artificial intelligence and machine learning for life science, health and care. The goal is to bring together academia, industry and government to imagine and organize a research agenda for AI in Health, for Stockholm and Sweden.
Planned workshop programme
The daylong workshop will open with keynote speeches from experts in the field, along with speakers from KTH, KI and Stockholm city. Thematic afternoon sessions will focus on topics such as
- AI challenges and opportunities with Stockholm Health Data Center
- Future of advanced AI supported imaging for life science research
- AI and data science challenges in life science research
- AI for health decision support
- AI and modeling for epidemiology research
with the goal of identifying challenges and opportunities, forming networks and efforts to address questions in these topics.
The following plenary speakers have confirmed their participation:
- Emma Lundberg - Visiting Assoc. Professor at Stanford University. Professor KTH, Director of the Cell Atlas of the Human Protein Atlas
- Søren Brunak - Professor of Bioinformatics, Research Director, NNF Center for Protein Research
- Thomas Wiegand - chair of ITU/WHO, Focus Group on Artificial Intelligence for Health (FG-AI4H), Professor at TU Berlin and Executive Director of Fraunhofer HHI
Confirmed short talks:
Henrik Hult - Professor in Mathematical Statistics, KTH
Jens Lagergren - Professor in the Division Computational Science and Technology, KTH
Joakim Lundeberg - Professor in the Division Gene Technology and SciLifeLab, KTH
- Hedvig Kjellström - Professor in the Division of Robotics, Perception and Learning, KTH.
- Örjan Smedby - Professor in the Division of Biomedical Engineering, KTH
There will also be a panel with the topic "The future of AI for Life Science in Sweden".
These are confirmed panel members:
- Maja Fjaestad, State Secretary, Ministry for Health and Social Affairs
- Clara Hellner, research and innovation director for Region Stockholm
- Jenni Nordborg, National Coordinator for Life Science
- Dan Hill, Vinnova, Director of Strategic Design
- Louise Callenberg, SKR, Head of section digital collaboration and renewal
9.05–9.55 Plenary talk by Thomas Wiegand
9.55–10.10 Invited talk by Örjan Smedby
10.10–10.25 Invited talk by Hedvig Kjellström
10.45–11.35 Plenary talk by Sören Brunak
11.35–11.50 Invited talk by Henrik Hult
11.50–12.05 Invited talk by Jens Lagergren
12.00 –13.00 Break
13.00 –13.50 Plenary talk by Emma Lundberg
13.50 –14.05 Invited talk by Joakim Lundeberg
14.05 –14.25 Break
14.25 –15.55 Parallel breakout sessions
16.00 –17.00 Panel Session and Wrap Up
The agenda are preliminary and changes may be made.
Workshop related funding opportunities
Please find here our search result of workshop related funding opportunities (May 2020).
See the flyer for the event here: Workshop: AI for Life Science (pdf 449 kB)