How to start a social media account at KTH
Social media can be a communication channel for reaching certain target groups, and a cost-effective, fast way to spread news and information.
However, it is important to have a well worked-through strategy and a plan for managing and moderating an account on social media, in order for the communication to reach the desired effect, as well as for the channel to be maintained in a relevant and consistent way.
If you are thinking of starting a social media account under the KTH brand, there are some things you need to do before getting started. These are described in the checklist below. A final decision on start-up is made by the Communications Department.
Checklist for starting an account in social media
- Make a brief description of the background and the need for establishing an account in social media.
- Write down the goals and purpose for the account. Be as specific as possible and set measurable goals.
- Describe the target group for the account based on criteria such as age, geography, interests and profession.
- Make a plan for resources and staffing, to regularly update the account with content.
- Describe how the analysis and follow-up of the content of the account is to take place in relation to the goal that has been set. Some examples of this could be engagement, clicks, reactions, or cost-per-click / impression.
- Exemplify how KTH's graphic profile will be applied.
- Write down and give examples of how the Data Protection Ordinance will be applied to the account. Also consider the consequences of the Schrems II judgment .
- Write down and give examples of how the Act on Accessibility to Digital Public Services will be applied to the account.
Summarize the points above in an email or a Word document and send your documentation to the social media manager via the function email firstname.lastname@example.org . We will then set up a meeting with you to review the material and conditions. After that, an assessment is made by the Communications Department whether the requirements are met for establishing a new account.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com .