PhD Workshop: Mendeley – getting started with reference management
Welcome to an introduction to Mendeley. Using Mendeley will save you time, help you keep your references organised, and cite them correctly in your Ph D thesis or article.
Time: Wed 2020-11-04 13.00 - 15.00
Location: Zoom – registration needed
The target audience for this workshop is PhD students and researchers. We will look at the basic of the program. There will be time for trying out the software and asking questions.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Create a Mendeley account, syncronize with the desktop app and organize your references
- Import references from different databases
- Create citations and reference lists in Word
- How to configure Mendeley to export a bib-file to use with LaTeX
- Importing a bib-file from Mendeley to Overleaf
Preparations: Be sure to have the program installed on your computer before the workshop. For KTH computers running Windows you can find it through the KTH Software center. Other users can download from www.mendeley.com Bring your own computer to the workshop.
The language of the workshop is English.