PhD Workshop: Choosing a journal
Welcome to a workshop on how you can find a suitable journal where to submit your next manuscript.
Time: Thu 2020-12-10 10.00 - 12.00
Location: Zoom – registration needed
The aim is to give you the hard facts about a journal to support you in making a well-informed choice. Checking these facts will at the same time also eliminate the risk of sending your manuscript to one of the rotten apples in the publishing industry (predatory publishers).
This workshop will take you through a number of resources and tools and we will discuss and learn how to evaluate a journal in terms of:
- Topic, document type and study design
- Coverage in major bibliographic databases
- Impact factors or other metrics on the journal level
- Open Access options and possibilities for central KTH funding of the Article Publishing Charge
- Journal and research funders’ demands in relation to Open Access and research data
- Peer-review, Turn-around-time, Acceptance Rate of the journal
- Other demands or recommendations from your supervisor or KTH
The language of the workshop is English.