International Energy Agency World Energy Outlook presentation at KTH
KTH is pleased to host the KTH-launch of the 2019 edition of the International Energy Agency (IEA) World Energy Outlook presented by Laura Cozzi, Chief Energy Modeller at the International Energy Agency. The World Energy Outlook series is a leading source of strategic insight on the future of energy and energy-related emissions, providing detailed scenarios that map out the consequences of different energy policy and investment choices.
Time: Thu 2019-11-28 13.30 - 15.00
Location: OPENLAB, Valhallavägen 79
Participating: Laura Cozzi, Chief Energy Modeller at the International Energy Agency
Outlooks and key questions
This year’s edition updates the outlooks for all fuels, technologies and regions, based on the latest market data, policy initiatives and cost trends.
In addition, the 2019 report tackles some key questions in depth:
- What do the shale revolution, the rise of liquefied natural gas, the falling costs of renewables and the spread of digital technologies mean for tomorrow’s energy supply?
- How can the world get on a pathway to meet global climate targets and other sustainable energy goals?
- What are the energy choices that will shape Africa’s future, and how might the rise of the African consumer affect global trends?
- How large a role could offshore wind play in the transformation of the energy sector?
- Could the world’s gas grids one day deliver low-carbon energy?
13:30-14:00:Arrival and coffee
14:00-14:10: Introduction by SIDA (TBC)
14:10-14:40: World Energy Outlook 2019 presentation by Laura Cozzi
14:40-15:00: Q&A and closing remarks
There are still some seats available
Password for registration: KTHWEO2019