Mikael on KTH's operational plan for 2021
Head of School Mikael Lindström writes about the doctoral award ceremony and KTH's operational plan for 2021.
In normal times, the promotion of new doctors and the installation of new professors takes place during these days in the Concert Hall and City Hall. As it is now, the postponed ceremony will be held in two parts during February and March. The doctoral award ceremony will take place on 19 February in three or four rounds in Kollegiesalen and the installation will take place on 11 March in the Academy of Music's premises.
The work with the operational plan for KTH in 2021 is now entering its final phase and will be finalized by the president on 9 December. We at CBH will then break it down into an action plan for 2021 where we have different function managers who are responsible for follow-up in each area. The goals and assignments in the operational plan are based on KTH's four pillars: internationalization, digitalization, sustainability and gender equality.
Among the larger assignments can be mentioned:
- Increase educational offerings in lifelong learning (2023 - 20%)
- An entrance / single point of contact - commissioned training
- RAE - strategic discussions - KTH's position in the world
- Preparatory assignments - establishment of multidisciplinary environments incl. recruitment of researchers.
- Establishment of new university partnerships - North America, Great Britain and South Korea
- External screening of strategic partnerships