Return to the work place – autumn 2020
In light of the government's announcement that universities can return to teaching on campus, the President has decided to adapt work place activities at KTH during the autumn semester of 2020. The decision is valid until 15 January 2021. However, changes can be made as a result of the government's and other authorities' information and recommendations.
The main purpose is to prevent the spread of infection in society, therefore, a restriction of travel by public transport is necessary. The EECS Head of School’s group believes that as long as the Public Health Agency (FHM) does not make new recommendations, a large part of the school's staff will continue to work remotely.
Adaptation of the work environment at EECS
The Head of School has, in the light of the President’s decision, decided on what applies specifically to the EECS school staff.
1. All staff who can work from home should continue to work remotely. Physical attendance at KTH must be established with the nearest manager who has work environment responsibility (usually the head of division). The manager must make necessary risk assessments regarding the work environment to determine which employees should work on site. The goal is that everyone who is dependent on physical attendance at KTH for their operations should be able to work on site under safe conditions.
2. All employees must comply with the recommendations of the Public Health Agency on social distancing, good hand hygiene and not to come to the workplace with symptoms of COVID-19.
3. Meetings and seminars should be held digitally for the time being unless the nature of the meeting or other rules require physical attendance (e.g. campus-based teaching).
4. The Head of Administration is responsible for adjusting the school's premises to facilitate safe distances and reduce the spread of infection.
The above applies for the time being. The decisions may change at short notice if the government or other authorities decide otherwise.
- For questions regarding teaching and examination contact the director of studies at each department.
- For questions regarding your work situation please contact your nearest manager.
Visit kth.se/corona for continuous updates on KTH and COVID-19.