Establishment of a course on first or second cycle
Process for establishment of a first or second cycle course.
When establishing a new course, a syllabus and supplementary information for registration of the course in Ladok shall be determined. Follow the instructions below if you wish to establish a new course, Form, decision template and supporting documents can be found on the KTH intranet, Inrätta kurs och fastställa kursplan (in Swedish only).
The last date for establishing a new course for the next academic year is October 15. Please note that the documents must be submitted to the school's course syllabus reviewing committee no later than 1 September in order for the course to be approved.
Process for establishing new course at EECS
- The course responsible defines the course content, education cycle, prerequisites and student target group. The course responsible makes sure that the Programme Director for the programme that is the target group for the course is notified.
- The course responsible makes sure that the Director of Studies for the department to which the course will belong, is notified.
- The course responsible fills out background (page 1), appendix 1 (page 2-5) and a short description of the course.
- The Director of Studies adds a course code, information on which unit the course should belong to, main field of study, disciplinary domain, and, if needed, specific entry requirements. The form should be sent to the reviewing committe firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 1 September.
- The course syllabus reviewing committé checks that the course does not overlap with existing courses at the school, examines the texts, adds potential standard texts for the school (such as link to the code of honour), works together with the course responsible and finalises the text.
- The School's Office of Student Affairs makes a final review, writes the decision of registering a course and conveys the documents and appendixes to the Director of First and Second Cycle Education and the Head of School.
- The Director of First and Second Cycle Education and the Head of School signs the decision.
- The School's Office of Student Affairs registers the decision in the register system W3D3.
- The School's Office of Student Affairs submits the scanned documents to Ladok.
- UF/AUA registers the course data in Ladok and informs the school when the course is established in Ladok.
- The School's Office of Student Affairs enters the course syllabus and any additional course data into Kopps and marks the course syllabus status as ”completed”.
- Convertus in Kopps translates the Swedish course syllabus into English.
- The language examiner at EECS examines the translated English course syllabus and approves it.
- The course syllabus is published in the course and programme directory at kth.se.