Changes to existing course syllabus
Any revisions to existing courses shall be reviewed by the school's course syllabus reviewing committe. The basis for changes shall be sent to the reviewing committe no later than 1 March for courses courses set to begin in the autumn semester and no later than 1 September for courses set to begin in the spring semester.
Forms, steering documents and supporting documents are avilable at KTH's intranet (in Swedish only) .
Process for changes to an existing syllabus
Course responsible, Examiner, Director of Studies:
- The course responsible together with the examiner fills out the KTH-common form for changes in an existing course syllabus (the form is only available in Swedish).
- If intented learning outcomes, examination or eligibility changes to the content, and the course is given as mandatory or conditionally elective for a programme, the programme director must be informed of the planned change and have the opportunity to discuss it with the course responsible and the examiner.
- The Director of Studies reviews the changes, makes necessary supplements and sends it to the reviewing committe firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 1 March for courses given in the autumn semester and 1 September for courses given in the spring semester.
The course syllabus reviewing committe:
- Reviews the changes and other texts, fills out any standard texts that the school wants to be included, and communicates with the information provider until the text is approved.
- The School’s Office of Student Affairs makes a final review of the course, writes a decision of revison of syllabus and conveys the documents and appendixes to the Director of First and Second Cycle Education (GA) and the Head of School. Changes shall be decided no later than April 15 for courses given in the autumn semester and October 15 for courses given in the spring semester.
- GA and the Head of School signs the decision.
- The School's Office of Student Affairs registers the decision in the register system W3D3.
- If neecessary, the School’s Office of Student Affairs sends the scanned decision to email@example.com.
- The School’s Office of Student Affairs enters the syllabus in Kopps and marks the syllabus status as completed.
- Convertus in Kopps translates the syllabus to English (the original must be in Swedish).
Changes in a syllabus
What can be changed in a syllabus and what changes that requires a new course to be established, are listed at KTH's central intranet (in Swedish only).