Communicate your research
Research communication stretches far beyond publishing news and web articles. As a researcher, you play an essential part in communicating and disseminating your work and results, for example, through the profile page and contributions to the public debate.
KTH works actively and strategically with research communication on central and local levels. For individual researchers, there are many advantages to devoting some time to communication activates.
In addition to promoting your name and contributing to the KTH brand, it may:
- Increase citations
- Increase knowledge of your research field and work
- Be an advantage when applying for research funds
- Create paths to exciting collaborations and projects
- Attract new colleagues and students to KTH and your specific research area
- Contribute to high rankings, both for KTH and your specific research area
- Increase inquiries from media and press
Your digital presence
- Profile page
- Social media
- Altmetrics: view how your research spreads
- Communicate your impact
Course in research communication
Do you want to become better at communicating with groups outside academia? KTH has developed a Canvas course in research communication, open to all employees. The course will teach you on matters such as target groups, storytelling, choosing the best channels, goals and evaluation, how to plan your communication, how to communicate in cooperation with several partners, and about impact and communication in EU projects.
Tools and support
- KTH’s templates: PowerPoint, business card, dissertation and poster, etcetera
- Order communication services
- Event support
- Graphic manual