Your profile page
The profile page is your personal space on KTH’s website. Besides providing essential information and contact details, it is an opportunity to present yourself and your work in text, images, and videos in Swedish and English.
Profile pages rank high in search indexes which generally lead to good page visit statistics. It is due to their strong connection to the KTH brand, which is well-known and highly credible. Therefore, when someone, for example, a journalist or a potential collaboration partner, searches your name, they will quickly find and visit your profile page.
Building your profile
For researchers, the profile page is a space to describe one’s current work and research area. There are several ways of structuring the profile, for example, starting by presenting yourself with information on background, education, and career, or starting with describing your current and most recent work or research project.
Profile pages should provide visitors with a cohesive and professional introduction to you and your work. The following bulleted lists might be helpful in this process:
- Start with the essential information. What do you want to say, and what do you want the reader to know?
- Include what you are working on currently (could be a part of the introduction)
- Connect your research to current events, applied research, or societal impact
- Include keywords connected to your research area. Keywords will make your profile page even more accessible and easy to find via search engines
- Create subpages (portfolio) with detailed information, for example, on a specific research area or media outlets
- Use headlines - this makes it easier for readers to navigate your profile
- Include links to department or divisions webpages
- Keep in mind that the reader may not have previous knowledge about you or your research field
- Have an updated and professional profile picture
- Activate research ID, for example, ResearchGate and . If there are additional sources that you would like to add, please add these as links on the right side of the text area.
- Activate functions for courses and publications
- If possible, have both Swedish and English versions of your profile
Profile pages at KTH
Only you have access and can edit your profile page. The contact information is collected from and edited in HR+.