Digitalisation for urban sustainability
KTH Royal Institute of Technology and IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute welcome you to an interactive inspirational and networking day on the transition to sustainable cities, enabled by digitalisation!
Time: Thu 2020-09-10 09.00 - 15.00
Lecturer: Organiser: KTH and IVL
Location: Digital event
The pathway towards reaching the global sustainability goals is full of challenges that need to be tackled, and common solutions need to be identified and implemented. Digitalisation is often seen as an important tool for the transition towards climate-neutral and inclusive society.
- What role can digitalisation have in achieving the SDG's in urban development?
- What are the challenges of sustainable cities and what is potentially achievable by applying digitalisation?
- What can we learn from Covid-19 when planning for the sustainable city?
- New ways of working together is needed; what possibilities are there for your organisation?
You are invited to take part in inspirational lectures and current research and development conducted at KTH and IVL jointly with several cities and other stakeholders and networks. You will also be able to o develop ideas in inspiring thematic groups to find the best solutions together with our researchers, project leaders and problem owners.
Date: Thursday 10 Spetember, 9.00-15.00.
Place: Virtual Seminar online
Moderators: Karin Larsdotter, KTH Sustainability, with assistance from Mattias Wohlén, IVL Swedish Environmental Institute
10.00 Welcome - Karin Larsdotter, KTH.
10.05 Key note speakers:
Marie Fossum Strannegård, IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute: Digitalisation for Urban Sustainability – Potentials and challenges post Corona
10.20 Olga Kordas, Viable Cities: Viable Cities: pioneering a mission on climate neutral and inclusive cities
10.35 Ricardo Vinuesa and Hossein Azizpour: AI and the SDGs
10.50 Introduction to Converstations – Karin Larsdotter and Mattias Wohlén
11.00 Converstation No 1: Each participant selects one converstation; one station for the discussion
11.30 Converstation No 2: Each participant selects another converstation
12.30 Converstation No 3
13.00 Reports from the converstations
13.10 Dialogue with stakeholders – Erik Stenberg KTH and Anna Jarnehammar IVL
- Allan Larsson – EU/Viable Cities,
- Lisa Enarsson Stockholm Stad,
- Tobias Oechtering – Digitalisation Platform KTH,
- Pernilla Bergmark – Ericsson,
- Marie Fossum Strannegård – IVL,
- Olle Samuelsson – SIP Smart Built Environment, IQ Samhällsbyggnad
14.30 End of Seminar