Large, global challenges require multidisciplinary approaches, not only in research in itself, but also in order for the research results to be well adapted the end users. KTH´s strategic research platforms are established to develop multidisciplinary research collaborations, both internal and external, that may lead to end-user adapted results in six key areas: Digitalisation, Energy, Industrial Transformation, Life Science Technology, Materials and Transport.
KTH Research Support Office (RSO) is responsible for the process coordination and support for the research platform development and operations. This includes:
- Support in supervising platform activities, guidelines, preparing formal decisions e.g the appointing new platform directors, vice directors, reviewing
- Administrative support for meetings for all platforms such as coordination meetings and steering group meetings.
- Overall administrative support for all platforms, which includes organising platform events, workshops and seminars
- Support for each platform at interal meetings, such as reference group meetings and strategy meetings
- Bridging information from each platform to the communications manager for all platforms (provided by CBL)
- Bridging information from each platform to the financial officer (provided by the Financial Office)