Skype for Business
Microsoft have announced that Skype for Business Online will be discontinued on July 31 2021, as it is to be replaced with Microsoft Teams.
Read more about the discontinuation of Skype for Business on the following page, discontinuation of the Skype for Business service .
Skype for Business, previously known as Lync, is a web meeting tool that also supports chat. Skype for Business lets you connect to others with Skype for Business, Skype and Virtual Meeting Rooms (Pexip). You can save contacts that have Skype or Skype for Business both within KTH's organization and external partners.
What you can do:
- Chat, audio or video connect with KTH colleagues, Skype with colleagues inside and outside of KTH including colleagues using the consumer version of Skype
- Hold and schedule online meetings where you can show your desktop or a program, add attachments, and create shared notes
- Connect to Skype for Business from anywhere! Use your desktop or mobile devices to chat and join meetings.
- Not able to connect directly to videoconferencing systems
- Chat conversations are not saved and thus cannot be viewed at a later time