Username and Password
When you log in you have to use your KTH account, that is the same username and password as you use for the Personal Menu.
General Information about username and password
To log in on a computer you need a username and a password.
The password is personal and must be kept secret, it is only known by you.
In our computer systems we use the same username and password as the KTH account, that means that you are supposed to use the same login credentials as when you log in to the Personal Menu and Canvas.
If you change your password in one place, it will automatically change in all systems that are connected to the KTH account.
Changing the password
For instructions on how to change your password go the Change Password on your KTH account .
To change your password log in to the Personal Menu, or go directly to https://login.kth.se/password/ .
In order to keep passwords complex enough for a resonable security, there is some repuirements that the passwords have to meet:
- It has to be at least 8 characters long
- It has to contain at least one lower case letter: a-z
- It has to contain at least one upper case letter: A-Z
- It has to contain at least one number: 1-9
- It cannot contain 3 or more adjoining characters from Your: username, surname, familyname or personal number
- It cannot contain space or the letters å, ä, or ö