Associate Professor in Sustainable Urban Development - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan,
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Sustainable urban development
The subject is interdisciplinary and comprises analyses of what sustainable urban development might entail, how it can be actualised and how sustainable development can enter into different (planning) processes. Sustainable urban development refers here to development, change processes and long-term solutions for strategic issues leading to the city meeting both environmental and social goals and resulting in well-functioning ecosystems being seen as a prerequisite for social, cultural and economic sustainability.
The duties of the position include
- teaching, course development and examination in sustainable urban development and neighbouring subjects as well as contributing to the development of relevant degree programmes. Conducting own research, applying for research funding and contributing to the development of the department. Ability to teach in Swedish and English.
- supervision of doctoral students and working in close contact with other departments at KTH and stakeholders outside KTH.
- potentially other duties, such as e.g. position of trust within KTH.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve, and
- demonstrated pedagogical expertise.
Qualified persons also have the ability to apply and receive funding for and to conduct research projects and the ability to lead educational and research activities.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- research expertise in the subject field, which shall be demonstrated through international scientific publication, to the extent at least equivalent to the qualifications required for appointment as a docent.
- pedagogical skills in the subject field, which shall be demonstrated through previous teaching at the first- and second-cycle levels, course development, pedagogical education, and through supervision of doctoral students.
- the ability to independently obtain external research grants.
- the ability to work interdisciplinary in both research and teaching.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- the ability to interact and cooperate with the society and also provide information about research and development work.
- interpersonal skills.
- the ability to lead research and educational activities.
It is also important that the applicant has
- the expertise to develop and lead activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
- administrative expertise and other expertise that is of importance with regard to the subject content of the employment and the duties that will/may come to be included in the position, e.g. project management, administrative responsibility/leadership for teaching (in addition to course coordination, e.g. programme coordination/study directorship), administrative responsibility/leadership for research team/division/department.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH:s web page.
Your application should follow KTH:s CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH:s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure for teachers at the Royal Institute of Technology
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||02.Oct.2019 11:59 PM CET|