Assoc Prof in Production System - specialisation in Automation
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Industrial Engineering and Management
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Production System with specialisation in Automation.
The subject is interdisciplinary and comprises a broad field of knowledge, from classic production automation topics such as robotics and control systems, to advanced IT solutions and industrial digital platforms. The focus area includes cyber-physical systems.
The position includes research in the field as well as course development, administration and supervision of students and doctoral students. The subject area is undergoing expansion, which will mean the development of new courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve , and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- documented teaching skills in the subject field.
- documented research expertise in the subject field.
- the ability to independently initiate, lead and carry out research of high scientific quality in the subject field.
- documented ability to attract national and international external funding of research.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- documented academic skills in production automation.
- the ability to pursue third-stream activities and also provide information about research and development work.
It is also important that the applicant has
- ability to teach in Swedish and English.
- expertise to develop and lead activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
- administrative expertise.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage.
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||01.Oct.2019 11:59 PM CET|