Assoc. Prof. industrial economics and management spec. tech. innovations - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Industrial economics and management with specialisation in technological innovation.
The subject is in industrial dynamics which is a part of industrial economics and management. It addresses industrial and technological change processes in sectors, technologies and regions. The subject focuses on how the sustainable transformation of structures, institutions and systems at micro-and meso-scale can be understood and led, as well as the effects of industrial transformation processes for companies and society.
The Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the development of the research area of industrial dynamics at KTH, to carry out teaching at the basic and advanced level in the field of industrial economics and management and to integrate knowledge from the field in the engineering education that is undertaken at the university.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve , and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointment’s procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down. Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- research expertise in the subject area of industrial economics and management in genera l and industrial dynamics in particular, proven by publishing in refereed international journals.
- teaching skills in the subject field.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- Long-term development potential. This includes both being able to develop and manage courses with a focus on innovation for a sustainable society and that the applicant will be able to take responsibility for developing and renewing his/her research activities and establishing an independent research activity
- the ability to pursue third task activities and also conduct outreach activities on research and development.
It is also important that the applicant has
- expertise to develop and lead activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
- interpersonal skills.
- administrative expertise.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage.
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||21.Aug.2019 11:59 PM CET|