Doctoral student in Networked Systems Security - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan,
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Third-cycle subject: Electrical Engineering
We invite applications for doctoral student positions with the Networked Systems Security (NSS). We are looking for highly motivated individuals to pursue a PhD in security and privacy. The positions involve activities leading to original research and results in peer-reviewed publications. The research topics can relate with any of the NSS group areas.
The NSS group designs and builds trustworthy networked systems, with a research agenda covering a gamut of security and privacy problems and results that got significant attention by the research community. NSS introduced a new security curriculum at KTH. Candidates with experimental/systems or theoretical profiles and research interests in any aspect of security and privacy are welcome to apply.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic international research environment in close cooperation with industries and advanced universities the world over.
- Life-long network through KTH's Alumni organization.
- A personal study plan to support your development within your areas of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe´s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
Applicants must hold or be about to receive an MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related area. Furthermore, the applicant must have:• Strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency, communication and teamwork skills.
• Interest in several of the following: design, analysis, verification, implementation, or empirical evaluation of secure networked systems and
• Background in several of the following: computer security, mobile computing, networking, Internet security, wireless communications, distributed algorithms and systems, programming languages, performance analysis, operating systems, simulation techniques and tools, software engineering, system and network programming, applied cryptography, privacy preserving or enhancing technologies, information theory.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year and may thereafter be extended. Doctoral students may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website.
Doctoral section (Students’ union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||Enligt ö.k|
|Salary||Monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||3|
|Last application date||30.Aug.2019 11:59 PM CET|