Lecturer in Machine Elements - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för industriell teknik och management
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The subject comprises individual machine elements and machine elements in its product technical context. In particular, machine elements with application to product development and construction are meant here.
The tasks include teaching at the undergraduate level. As a lecturer, you will also participate in the development and implementation of courses in topics such as machine elements and machine design.
Those qualified for appointment as a lecturer are persons who have:
- 1) been awarded a degree from first-cycle academic education within the subject of the employment or has corresponding competence,
- 2) professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties it will involve, and
- 3) demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as a lecturer at KTH are stated in KTH's appointment procedure, section 1.5, and apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- documented pedagogic competence. The assessment of teaching expertise shall also relate to the person’s long-term ability to develop as a teacher.
- documented professional expertise relevant to the content of the employment.
- the extent of professional expertise outside the university
- a good ability to teach in Swedish
- a communicative ability, good collaboration ability and ability to work in a structured way, is quality conscious and self-reliable
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- administrative expertise
- expertise in respect of development work within the area
- industrial experience of machine design
- international experience
It is also important that the applicant has
- worked with modern computer simulation tools.
- taken courses in teaching and learning in higher education.
- an excellent command of English, both in speech and writing.
- the ability to pursue third-stream activities.
- expertise to develop and lead activities and interpersonal skills. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's web page.
You are the main responsible to ensure that the application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position.
For more information regarding KTH's assessment, please read here Appointments procedure at KTH
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process, please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||02.Sep.2019 11:59 PM CET|