Associate Professor in Mobility and Urban Planning
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Mobility and Urban Planning
Mobility and urban planning is a broad subject area, encompassing processes, policies, and analyses to understand, explain, and bring about a transformation of transport systems to meet society’s sustainable goals. The subject integrates knowledge and approaches from a range of disciplines, such as transport science, urban and regional planning, geography, economics, political science, and behavioral science. Some examples of focus areas are integrated land use and transport, environmental aspects of transport systems, infrastructure planning for autonomous vehicles, and distributional and equity issues within the subject field.
The incumbent is expected to contribute to education in existing courses and programs and to conduct research and develop a research environment. This includes examining and teaching in courses in both Swedish and English, at undergraduate and master levels; and conducting research and supervising undergraduate, master, and doctoral students. An Associate Professor is also expected to participate in other activities related to research, teaching, and societal impact. Moreover, the Associate Professor is expected to seek and obtain external financing and to carry out research in close collaboration with partners both within and outside of KTH. Leadership assignments can also arise in research, education, or societal impact activities.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve , and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- scientific excellence in the subject area, demonstrated through publications in peer-reviewed and recognized international journals,
- pedagogic skills in the subject area,
- documented ability to establish, renew, and development in the subject area,
- documented ability to seek and obtain research financing for development of the subject area,
- documented ability to collaborate with both private and public societal actors to develop educational and research activities that meet society’s needs, and
- the ability to collaborate.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- ability to disseminate knowledge and research findings to society at large,
- documented experience of supervising doctoral students, master theses and junior colleagues,
- the ability to collaborate in research groups from a variety of disciplines in the academy as well as society at large,
- excellent command of written and spoken English,
- skills to develop and lead activities and staff, including possessing knowledge of issues of diversity and equal treatment, with a special focus on gender equity,
- ability to collaborate with the surrounding society and inform of research and development activities, and
- administrative skills
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage.
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||As soon as possible|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||19.Sep.2019 11:59 PM CET|