Doctoral student in production logistics - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Third-cycle subject: Production engineering
The ongoing transformation towards smart and connected factories creates completely new opportunities for transparency and visibility in internal and external logistics. By knowing where materials and resources are and what status they have, we can improve sustainability, efficiency and flexibility. Today's real-time techniques and computing power provide new opportunities for this. Demand for, for example, environmental impact assessment is also increasing, which places new demands on the tools. In the project LOVIS (Production Logistics Visibility), which is funding this position, we have two perspectives in the same project: internal and external visibility. LOVIS involves KTH, Lund University, Scania, AstraZeneca and Odette. Scania and AstraZeneca contribute with different perspectives and experiences regarding visibility and management of internal and external material flows. Odette participates with her expertise in standards and best practice. The Royal Institute of Technology and Lund University shall create an overall picture of knowledge on internal and external visibility for production logistics.
The doctoral student will work in a dynamic research group at KTH, which in close collaboration with industry researches new methods for analyzing advanced industrial logistics systems. Together with the other researchers, the doctoral student will contribute to the development of new methods and applications to describe and predict performance and behavior in production logistics systems. The service includes 20% institutional service, which may include teaching and supervision within our education programs. The work begins with a mapping of technical, process and organizational conditions and barriers to internal and external visibility within production logistics. Then we will develop development tracks towards increased internal and external visibility, in close collaboration with industrial parties and standardization bodies.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic international research environment in close cooperation with industries and advanced universities the world over.
- Life-long network through KTH's Alumni organization.
- A personal study plan to support your development within your areas of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe´s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
- Participation in developing a new vibrant research and education campus at KTH Södertälje, with a profile on Sustainable production development.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
You should have a degree at advanced level in for Production Engineering with a suitable area such as logistics, supply chain management, industrial engineering, or industrial IT.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
- Excellent skills in speech and writing in Swedish and English are important.
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing industry, ERP systems, business intelligence systems, supply chain management, digitization and visualization of performance measures are merit.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year and may thereafter be extended. Doctoral students may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website.
Doctoral section (Students’ union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Salary||Monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||22.Aug.2019 11:59 PM CET|