Research engineer in analogue electronics at KTH - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
As an electronics engineer at the Division of Space and Plasma Physics, you will work with electronics all the way from design, manufacturing and testing, to the use of instruments onboard sounding rockets and satellites. You will work together with the researchers, engineers and students at the department and KTH, as well as with other national and international research groups, companies and space organizations, such as the European Space Agency (ESA).
In your role as an engineer, you will be working with:
- design of the electronics to fulfill the scientific requirements.
- verification that the components will work in the space environment.
- testing of instruments, including setup and documentation
- integration of instruments on sounding rockets and satellites.
- tutoring of student participants in our space projects.
You are expected to hold a MSc degree in engineering physics/electronics, or equivalent. We are looking for a candidate who has a solid interest in and knowledge of primarily analogue electronics, but who can also work with digital electronics and manufacturing of electronics. You should have knowledge within the fields of effects of ionizing radiation on electronics, and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). You should have a knowledge of and interest in programming. It is also a merit to have knowledge of the basics of mechanical design, since the instruments may include electromechanical systems. Since we work with many international partners, a good knowledge of spoken and written English is important.
You enjoy working in a challenging environment, both technically and timewise. We appreciate if you are willing to take further courses and enjoy learning in general. It is important that you can work well within a group, but also that you like to work alone and advance your work in an independent way. You should also have a pedagogical mind, in order to work together with students in the lab. We strongly value a positive personality.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application.
The application must include:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Statement of purpose.
- Representative publications or technical reports, if any: documents no longer than 10 pages each. For longer documents (e.g. theses), please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- Letters of recommendation and contact information for two reference persons
KTH applies a six-month probationary period before permanent employment.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||Enligt ö.k|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||20.Aug.2019 11:59 PM CET|