Postdoc in fluid mechanics - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för teknikvetenskap
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The research will deal with numerical simulations and experiments of transition from laminar to turbulent flow of boundary layers under free stream turbulence. The project will entail both direct numerical simulations with the Nek5000 code and experiments in the MTL wind tunnel at the department of Mechanics.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
Applicants must hold or be about to receive a doctoral degree in fluid mechanics. The successful applicant should have an outstanding research and publication record. Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills are a requirement. We are looking for a strongly motivated person, who is able to work independently. Good command of English orally and in writing is required to present and publish research results.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
The application should contain the following:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copies of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations to English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Brief explanation of why you want to conduct research, about your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals; max 2 pages long.
- Representative publications or technical reports: Document no more than 10 pages each. For longer documents (eg dissertations), attach a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- One recommendation letter
- Contact information for two reference persons. We reserve the right to contact references only for selected candidates.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||31.Aug.2019 11:59 PM CET|