Postdoc in Physical Employment Standards and Environmental Physiology - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan,
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
The position will be at the division of Environmental Physiology and the research will concern (i) development of physical performance standards for personnel in the Swedish armed forces (about 75% of the job), and (ii) environmental physiology, i.e. studies on the influence of environmental factors on physiological responses in humans (about 25% of the job). The environmental physiology subject comprises four research fields: high-altitude physiology, thermal physiology, gravitational physiology and diving physiology. The job will include conducting field and laboratory experiments on healthy humans, to independently perform data analyses and write reports and scientific articles.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- The applicant should hold a PhD within either of the fields: environmental physiology, exercise physiology or physical performance standards. It is considered a particular merit to have experience in developing physical performance standards for military personnel or alike. It is also a merit to have experience from either of the aforementioned research fields of environmental physiology.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- Scientific skills.
- Educational ability.
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Cooperative skills.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
1. CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
2. Copy of the applicants degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
3. Copies of pertinent scientific publications and reports.
4. Letters of recommendation and contact information for two reference persons
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Fixed term employment /temporary contract for two years.
About the employment
The position offered is still valid for at least two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||Enlig överenskommelse|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||20.Sep.2019 11:59 PM CET|