Election Regarding Faculty Members of the School’s Faculty Board
Here, you can see how the election of teacher representatives for the school's faculty Board is carried out.
Nomination of Candidates
All employees, students and affiliated to KTH had the opportunity to nominate candidates as teachers’ representatives during the period 14 September – 8 October 2023.
Eligible for election are employees with the following appointments:
- indefinite appointment as professor, associate professor, lecturer or researcher who work at least 50 per cent of full-time,
- appointment as assistant professor who work at least 50 per cent of full-time,
- fixed-term appointment of at least two years as teacher on the basis of artistic merits who work at least 40 per cent of full-time and whose employment extends over the entire term of office.
The member may not simultaneously hold an appointment or assignment in the school's or KTH's management, such as head of department, director of first and second cycle education, director of third cycle education, gender equality, diversity and equal conditions officer, head of faculty renewal or deputy head of school or as a member of the University Board of KTH or the Faculty Council.
Only those candidates who are proposed by the Election Committee or are nominated during the nomination period and have accepted the nomination are eligible.
This is how the school's Faculty Board election is carried out
The president has appointed an election committee at each school. The Election Committee's task is to, based on the nominations received, come up with proposals for six candidates as teachers’ representatives, one of whom is proposed as vice chairperson.
The following employees are included in the voters list:
- indefinite appointment as professor, associate professor, lecturer or researcher who work at least 50 per cent of full-time
- appointment as assistant professor who work at least 50 per cent of full-time
- fixed-term appointment of at least two years as teacher on the basis of artistic merits who work at least 40 per cent of full-time.
The voters list for KTH will be established by the president during October 2023, after review of each school.
Presentation of Candidates
The Election Committee’s proposal and other valid nominations received will be publicised no later than 27 November 2023 on the KTH intranet. Information will also be sent to those with voting rights, no later than 27 November 2023.
Equality Between Women and Men
According to the Higher Education Act Chapter 1, section 5, equality between women and men shall always be taken into account and promoted in the operations of higher education institutions.
Information about the procedure, including a list of all candidates will be sent out by e-mail to those with voting rights, no later than 27 November 2023.
To be valid the ballot shall have any number of names marked or be blank, and be submitted via the internet-based ballot during the period 4-10 December 2023. A valid vote must contain at least one name. Each name on the ballot has equal value, regardless of placement on the ballot.
The Head of School confirms the election result when the votes have been counted electronically. Candidates with the highest number of votes will be appointed as teachers’ representatives.
The decision must state whether the election result gave an equal number of votes and how it has then been handled. The Head of School’s decision on determining the election results must be posted on KTH's intranet for three weeks. The election cannot be declared invalid due to low turnout.