These pages contain advice, recommendations and guidelines for planning and conducting remote examinations at KTH.
Forms of examination
According to the Commitee of First and Second Cycle Education (Grundutbildningsutskottet)
specification of the president's decision , the following examination methods apply during Spring 21:
Examination will continue to take place primarily with forms of examination other than written monitored campus examination (final or partial exams). Based on proven experience and to increase the diversity of examination forms, the First and Second Cycle Education Committee recommends that oral examination or digital unproctored examinations be used to a greater extent. Furthermore, continuous examination is encouraged.
For examination forms that can be used remotely, see the links below.
More about different forms of examination
To select and design the implementation
Different forms of examination place different demands on how the tasks or questions are designed and sometimes also how the assessment is carried out. When reorganizing the examination, it is therefore good to initially go back to the learning objectives, to ask what the students actually should be able to do after completing the course.
Systems to be used
The Commitee of First and Second Cycle Education (Grundutbildningsutskottet) has decided that the following systems should be used for remote examination:
- Canvas for examination
- Möbius for examination (recommended only when the tool has already been used during the course)
- Zoom for oral examination + examination with digital presence
Support and FAQ
- For technical questions about the examination tools, please contact ITemail@example.com
- For administrative questions, please contact the education administration at your school, which can also assist with any transfers of exam setups to Tentafunka.
- For questions about students' compensatory support in relation to various forms of examination, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAQ for teachers: Frequently asked questions about remote examination for teachers .