These pages contain advice, recommendations and guidelines for planning and conducting remote examinations at KTH.
Forms of examination
According to the Directors of First and Second Cycle Education (Grundutbildningsutskottet)
specification of the principal's decision , the following examination methods apply during Autumn 20:
- Supervised written examination conducted on campus must be justified with pedagogical arguments.
- Supervised written examinations at a distance may be used in exceptional cases, and must be justified for both pedagogical reasons and practical considerations.
- Continuous examination of modules with digital tools may take place outside the examination periods.
More about the different forms of examination
To select and design the implementation
Different forms of examination place different demands on how the tasks or questions are designed and sometimes also how the assessment is carried out. When reorganizing the examination, it is therefore good to initially go back to the learning objectives, to ask what the students actually should be able to do after completing the course.
Systems to be used
The Undergraduate Studies Committee has decided that the following systems should be used for distance examination:
- Canvas for examination
- Möbius for examination (only recommended where the tool already been used during the course)
- Oral examination
Support and FAQ
- For technical questions about the examination tools, please contact ITfirstname.lastname@example.org
- For administrative questions, please contact the education administration at your school, which can also assist with any transfers of exam setups to Tentafunka.
- For questions about students' compensatory support in relation to various forms of examination, please contact email@example.com
- FAQ for teachers: Frequently asked questions about distance examination for teachers .