Tips on digital tools
If you want to deepen and develop interaction with students in the classroom, there are a number of programmes on the web that you can use. You can also find programmes for creating more vivid and dynamic presentations.
External digital tools to use in teaching
As a teacher at KTH you are free to use any online software that is outside the services provided by KTH, however, it is important to know that these services are not provided with support from KTH.
Here are a list of some of our favourites among external tools:
- Use a regular smartphone like a Clicker with Mentimeter .
- Easy video editing with Camtasia .
- Create live presentations that can be shared with others using Prezi .
- Sway, a presentation program that is part of the Microsoft Office family of products .
- Create screen recordings and screenshots with Jing .
- Padlet, a collaborative tool similar to a bulletin board .
As a teacher, you are responsible for using the services properly and in accordance with legislation and guidelines. Here is a list of the KTH systems support for teachers .
Mentimeter – digital response tool
Do you want to create an online poll or quickly test students’ factual knowledge during the lesson? Mentimeter is a web-based presentation tool with a built-in digital response system that can be used for creating interactive presentations where participants, can vote on different alternatives or enter their answers. Mentimeter can be used to advantage together with teaching in Zoom. KTH has purchased licenses for Mentimeter that you as a teacher can use. You log in with your KTH ID (if you are not already logged in to KTH.se). Here you can log in to Mentimeter . Read more about to use Mentimeter with Zoom . Contact email@example.com if you have questions.