The Education Portfolio
KTH's Steering Group for IT Sub-Portfolio Education is called the Education Platform (UP). The Portfolio is a cross-functional decision-making group consisting of a steering group responsible for coordinating the the different projects of e-learning and study administration.
One of KTH's three IT sub-portfolios
The Education Portfolio coordinates and is responsible for digitalisation initiatives and management of the IT support to the first and second cycle education at KTH. The Education one of three sub-portfolios developed at KTH (see the box at the bottom of the page).
- The Education Portfolio gives teachers and administrators the conditions to create world class programme education.
- The Portfolio offers teachers a way of work which is effective, pedagogical and with legal certainty.
- The Portfolio is perceived to be uniform and is continuously improved to automate work and offer new quality-enhancing possibilities for education.
The Steering Group for IT Sub-Portfolio Education
The steering group for the portfolio is responsible for coordinating efforts made regarding e-learning and study administration.
Chairman of the steering group and operation representatives
- Joakim Lilliesköld (EECS) - Chairman of the steering group
- Hans Wolfarth - Head of IT
- Joakim Pettersson - Object owner IT for e-learning and StudAdm
- Arnold Pears (ITM) - Head of Department, institution for learning
- Stefan Stenbom (ITM) - object owner e-learning
- Kattis Jonsson Berglund (EDO) - object owner StudAdm
- Tilda Byrstedt (THS) - student representative, THS Head of Educational Affairs
The teams and projects
The sub-portfolio, led by Kristian Fäldt, includes the following teams and projects:
- e-learning administrative object (IT at GVS + digital learning at ITM)
- study administration administrative object (IT + EDO at GVS)
- digital examination project
- web meeting, video and streaming synchronisation team
- education administration synchronisation team
- local support synchronisation team
Local support was added in the spring of 2021 as one of AG's synchronisation teams. The assignment to develop and coordinate a long-term investment in local teacher-oriented support for the digitalisation of education continues within the framework of the Education Portfolio.
Ongoing projects and initiatives
Development is currently being conducted in three areas that will result in a series of development projects. These three areas are:
- digital examination
- digital course production
- course information.