2023 Spring release
Here are the proposals that were voted through at the Joint University council / Förvaltningsrådet in the fall of 2022, and will be implemented in the spring release on March 29, 2023. The info in parenthesis is which university brought forth the proposal.
1. Doctoral student and principal supervisor will keep getting notifications 13 months after establishing the study plan (KTH proposal)
The notification about needed revision to the doctoral student and principal supervisor should not, as before, stop 13 months after establishing the study plan, but instead be sent to them just like they are sent to the establisher. This means notifications are sent until the approval process has started in the next version (meaning until the doctoral student has approved and sent on the plan in the next version).
Please note: This will apply only to study plans that are established after the spring release of 2023. Study plans established before will not have their notifications changed/extended.
2. Study plan in version 1, Created mode, will send out notifications after some time (KTH proposal)
Three months after “Date of commencement of studies” (from Ladok), study plans in version 1, Created mode, will start sending out notifications to doctoral student and principal supervisor.
Five months after “Date of commencement of studies,” study plans in version 1, Created mode, will start sending out notifications also to the establisher, in addition the to doctoral student and principal supervisor.
The notifications will be sent weekly until the approval process is started in the next version (meaning until the doctoral student has approved and sent on the study plan in the next version).
Please note: This will apply only to study plans that are created after the spring release of 2023. Study plans created before will not have any new notifications.
3. New report: Doctoral students without study plans (KTH proposal)
A new report will be able to find and sort doctoral students who have been admitted in Ladok but not yet had their first study plan created. The report is a modified version of the function “Distribution of doctoral students per establisher” that can also be sorted on variables such as admission semester, date of commencement of studies, and latest term with study activity.
4. Function for all users except doctoral student to search on civic registration number (KTH proposal)
All users except doctoral student (who only reviews their own study plan) will be able to search on civic registration number, as opposed to only the doctoral studies officers and superadmins, previously.
5. Observer permission limited to subject (KTH proposal)
A new type of observer permission is created, for users who need observer permission but only for a certain subject as opposed to a whole school.
6. Refining search functions: Possibility to search on any text string + system removes space at the end (KTH proposal)
It will be possible to search on for example middle names and surnames. The system will also automatically remove space at the end of a text, that might be included when using copy/paste.
7. Function to auto-generate and copy (KTH proposal)
In version 1 of the study plan, the user will be able to fill some fields out and then copy them to coming terms and years. The fields are 2.1 Planned degree of activity, 2.2 Planned funding and 2.3 Departmental duties.
Please note: the function can only be used ONE time by ONE user, so either the principal supervisor or the doctoral student (for the fields that the doctoral student can fill out, meaning not 2.2 Planned funding).
8. The date for last established study plan is shown under revision (KTH proposal)
Reviewers will see the date the last study plan was established, both in the web version and in the PDF version.
9. Funktion for superadmin to archive study plans manually (Gothenburg proposal)
The superadministrators will be able to archive study plans when needed, instead of as before contacting the system’s owner Gothenburg university about it.
10. Name of establisher in email (Linköping proposal)
The name of the establisher will be included in the email sent out after a plan is established.
11. Filtering on assistant supervisor (Lund proposal)
Doctoral studies officers and superadministrators will be able to filter on assistant supervisors.
12. Filtering on subject (Malmö proposal)
Filtering on subject will be possible in the function Distribution of doctoral students per establisher.
13. The field ”Intending to obtain doctoral degree” only if admitted towards a doctoral degree (Malmö proposal)
The field is removed for doctoral students admitted to a licentiate degree.
14. Sorting fields chronologically (Malmö proposal)
More fields will be sorted chronologically
15. Version of the study plan on the Overview page (Gothenburg proposal)
The notification about approving a study plan will also show the version number.