About course is KTH's official place for course information. Representatives of KTH's schools, teachers, and students were involved in designing About course. This page describes how authorized staff on a course can create content on About Course, such as introduction to the course, course memo, and publish course analyses and course data.
About course consists of web pages for each course published in the Course and programme directory.
Students are the primary target group for the About course pages. There is comprehensive course information – open to everyone and always accessible – that the student needs in the following situations: Before course selection, prepare and take a course, and after the end of the course. The pages contain course syllabuses, information about course offerings, course memos, course analyses, and an archive of historical data. Read more on The content of About course .
About course also helps the examiner, course coordinator, and teacher to inform students before course selection and to plan the courses' implementation. Additionally, About course provides support in course development. With the About course's administration tool, you can create and publish course memos, publish course analyses with course data and edit the course's introductive text.
How does About Course help my students and me?
Students were involved in developing About course and the template for course memos. During the development, it became apparent that students want to find and access course information quickly. To do this, students need accessible and consistent course information.
Therefore, there is About course, a place that is the same regardless of the course. Therefore, About course is:
- Collected on accessible pages
- The information is always accessible. For example, before course selection, the student can look at previous course memos for the course and course analyses to make a better choice.
- The site lives up to the Web Accessibility Directive.
- Based on a well-tuned structure/template
- The structure conforms to students' requirements.
- The course memo is based on a quality-assured KTH template for course memos.
- Available, along with the course room, from the tab "Courses" in the Personal menu.
By meeting students' needs for consistency and accessibility, the student's ability to make the right course choices increases, they can prepare and plan the course's completion and finish the course.
The fact that students can follow up the evaluation of their course round after the end of the course also contributes to them feeling more motivated to respond to upcoming course evaluations, which gives you as a teacher more opportunity to develop your course.
An additional advantage for you as an examiner, course coordinator, or teacher is that, by using the tool to create the course memo, you get help with publishing accurate, legal, and quality assured course information on About course through:
- Automatically retrieved course information from the source (such as course syllabus and contact information from Kopps).
- Guidance (using definitions and structured help texts) on what, why, and how the content should be designed to be qualitative and help the student.
- Collegial work in the same documentation before publication.
- Control over course information, e.g., by collecting all versions of course syllabuses, course memos, and course analyses in a public archive.
- Possibility for quality and follow-up work of course information.
- To take part in continuous improvements to the tool based on KTH's own experiences and requirements.
Once you have created the first course memo for your course, you can start from the previous one before the next course round. All information you have entered is copied. The tool will retrieve new data if the information in the course memo's sources has been updated since the last course memo was published.
Create content on About course
More information and support for each tool:
Directly to the tool
About course has an administrative tool, "Administrate About course." With the tool, anyone with Access to About course can edit introduction to the course, course memo, and course analysis.
You log in to the administration tool by searching for your course in Search course in the course and programme directory, and then click on the link "Administrate About course." Then choose one of the tools: Course introduction, Course memo, or Course Analysis and course data.
About course also retrieved course information, see Retrieved course information