About course is the official site for course information in the Course and programme directory. About course supports the student with information to choose course and to prepare and plan for taking the course. About course also supports the teacher with tools to inform the students with course information as course memos and course analysis.
Why About course?
About course is the official site for course information that students need before, during and after the course. The site holds course syllabuses, information about course offerings, course memos, course analysis and an archive with historical documentation. The student will easily find the course information on the site since it is the same place for all KTH courses. If you publish course memos and course analysis on About course the student can quickly access information that is important to choose course, plan for taking the course and to follow up on the evaluation about their own course offering.
"Administrate About course" supports you as a teacher, course coordinator or examiner to publish qualitative information on About course. The tools fetches information from the sources (including Kopps), offers definitions and guidance, and supports collaboration with colleagues in the same drafts before publishing of the information. In addition to that you will automatically take part of improvement and new features that is based on the experiences and development work at KTH.
To publish course information on About course means that...
- the teacher will take control of the course information.
- the course information will be correct and legally secure thanks to common quality assured tools and automatically fetched information from the sources.
- the teacher takes part of guides, definitions, and examples to publish information that really helps the student.
- the course information complies with the digital accessibility requirements.
- the student finds the course information on the same site regardless of course.
- the student experience the same information structure and navigation from course to course.
- all versions of course syllabuses, course memos and course analysis are saved to an archive with public access.
- new possibilities for the quality and follow-up work will be possible.
What does About course include?
Before choosing course
The page includes general information about the course, course syllabus and course offerings and is meant to support the student when choosing a course.
Prepare and take course, Course memo
The page includes a list with links to current course memos. Every course offering has a course memo which is relevant for the specific course offering.
The page supports the student in their preparations and planning before course.
The page includes all published course analysis with data for specific course offerings. The page can also be useful in the development of the course by giving an overview of the course analysis and data from the prior course offerings.
The page contains all of versions of the course syllabus. The page also contains all course memos and course analysis which are published on About course.
The course analysis and other data on this page guides the student before choosing course.
Administer About course
To administer About course, users use an administration tool called "Administrate About course." Examiners, Course coordinators and teachers can wright and publish course memos. Examiners and Course coordinators can also administer course introduction and publish Course analysis and course data.
Read more about the contents of About course and how to publish course introduction, course memos and course analysis with the tools in "Administrate About course" in the user manual Användarmanual - Om kursen (only in Swedish).