Seminar week: Funding at the Horizon - Opportunities 2018-2019
Research Office invites KTH researchers to a week of seminars presenting open and forthcoming calls in the Horizon 2020 work programmes corresponding to KTHs five research platforms: energy, materials, life science technology, transport and ICT. This event is an update of the seminars in October 2017 that presented opportunities 2018, and will now also include opportunities 2019.
Tid: Må 2018-05-14 - Fr 2018-05-18
Föreläsare: Research Office
Plats: Research Office, Lindstedtsvägen 5
Horizon 2020 is the EU funding programme for research & innovation. The aim of Horizon 2020 is to ensure that more breakthroughs and world-class science and novel innovations are used to create new jobs, tackle societal challenges, safeguard Europe’s global competitiveness and growth.
Opportunities within Societal Challenges and Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies
The "Societal Challenges" priority within the programme focuses on the major concerns shared by citizens in Europe i.e. how to tackle the ageing populations, climate changes, sustainable energy and food security. The projects are collaborative within different fields, technologies and disciplines and cover activities from research to market with a focus on innovation.
The "Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies" priority aims at new and breakthrough technologies, this part of the programme will contribute to boosting competitiveness, creating jobs and supporting growth. The emphasis is on areas of research and innovation with a strong industrial dimension and where mastering new technological opportunities will enable and drive innovation.
The seminars will provide participants with information on open and forthcoming calls with deadlines late 2018 and 2019 in selected work programmes, see schedule below. The seminars are tailored for you who are eligible to apply for EU Horizon 2020 funding.
- Welcome to Research Office and introduction
- Presentation of open and forthcoming calls, see schedule below for dates and work programmes.
- Analysis and group discussions of selected calls
- Date, time, venue: Mon 14 May at 10-12, Research Office, Lindstedtsvägen 5
- Work programme: Secure, clean and efficient energy
- Date, time, venue: Tue 15 may at 10-12, Research Office, Lindstedtsvägen 5
- Work programme: Nanotechnologies, Advanced Materials, Biotechnology and Advanced Manufacturing and Processing
- Date, time, venue: Wed 16 May at 10-12, Research Office, Lindstedtsvägen 5
- Work programme: Health, demographic change and wellbeing
- Date, time, venue: Thu 17 may at 10-12, Research Office, Lindstedtsvägen 5
- Work programme: Smart, green and integrated transport
- Date, time, venue: Fri 18 May at 9:30 -12, Room D3, Lindstedtsvägen 5
- Work programme: Information and Communication Technologies
Contact: Jenny Wanselius, firstname.lastname@example.org
/KTH Research Office