KTH-Sustainability Newsletter February 2014
- Register now! KTH-Sustainability Education Day, March 20th
- IVL at KTH: Seminar and workshops, March 13
- How to write a successful application for Formas’ annual open call
- Call for nominations: 2014 ISCN Sustainable Campus Excellence Awards
- Tales from Planet Earth film festival
- KTH Opportunities Fund
- Sustainability-related open positions
- Don’t miss! Crosstalks – Hidden Patterns
KTH-Sustainability Education Day, March 20
Welcome to KTH-Sustainability Education Day, March 20th for an afternoon focusing on the integration of environment and sustainable development in education. Register now to ensure your spot! For program details and registration: https://www.kth.se/om/miljo-hallbar-utveckling/event-semiarier/kth-sustainability-education-day-20-mars-1.451250
IVL at KTH: Seminar and workshops – following a mingle, March 13
IVL and KTH want to extend and strengthen their cooperation. Welcome to a seminar and workshop event where you will have the possibility to discuss new ways to collaborate. Plenary sessions and workshops on Climate and energy, Air and transport, Water, Resource-efficient products and waste, Sustainable building, and Sustainable production and working life will be held. Welcome!
Click here for more information and registration.
How to write a successful application for Formas’ annual open call
Fine tune your skills in writing applications for funding at a seminar/Workshop, 24th of March, 11.00 – 13.00. The seminar will give you valuable tips for writing applications to Formas annual open call. Kristina Laurell, Formas, and Anna Ledin, head of SEED will give you advice on how to improve your applications and you will have the possibility to participate in a hands-on workshop to improve your skills. Places are limited.
Call for nominations: 2014 ISCN Sustainable Campus Excellence Awards
The ISCN calls for applications and nominations to the ISCN Sustainable Campus Excellence Award: The award recognizes sustainable campus projects that demonstrate leadership, creativity, effectiveness and outstanding performance in the areas of Building, Campus, Integration and Student Leadership. Apply / nominate now!
Tales from Planet Earth: film festival, workshops and seminars
Tales from Planet Earth film festival will take place 9-12 April. The festival, arranged by the KTH Environmental Humanities Laboratory in cooperation with the European Network of Political Ecology connects research, filmmaking, policymaking and activism as a means to generate and distribute knowledge. The central themes for film screenings, workshops, lectures and discussion panels are: Waste, Energy, the Circumpolar North and Environmental Justice.
For more information: http://www.kth.se/tales-sthlm
KTH Opportunities Fund
A project for reducing waste in Namibia and a student driven project promoting social responsibility are two of the latest recipients funding from the KTH Opportunities Fund. Since being established in 2012, the KTH Opportunities Fund has raised over 1 million kronor for funding of student projects and talented researchers at KTH. Find out more:http://www.kth.se/alumni/kth-opportunities-fund/dittbidraggornytta/for-andra-gangen-tilldelas-studentprojekt-och-forskartalanger-medel-ur-kth-opportunities-fund-1.453236
Sustainability-related open positions
- Postdoc on Energy access for sustainable development KTH
- CHE - PhD student on a research project on Lignin Carbohydrate Complexes: Biosynthesis and Structure
- CHE - PhD student to a research project on Renewable materials design
- PhD student in Internal Combustion Engines
- PhD Position - Durable SOFC Tri-generation System for Low Carbon Buildings
- PhD student in organic chemistry with the research direction of solar cells.
- Associate Professor in Transport Systems Analysis at KTH - The School of Architecture and the Built Environment
- 1-2 doktorander i planering och beslutsanalys
- Biträdande lektor i kollektivtrafiksystem
Don’t miss! Crosstalks – Hidden Patterns
27 February Thursday, 17:00 - 20:00.