Call: Apply for funds for collaboration within Life Science
Multidisciplinary workshops, events, and networking
You are invited to apply for funding to enhance multidisciplinary activities in the Life Sciences domain! Up to SEK 50,000 funding per project can be disbursed in this call. The application deadline is Monday 4 December 2023!
The KTH Life Science Platform hopes to support activities and networks at KTH to establish new or maintain existing multidisciplinary collaborations and networks. The platform expects to fund only three to four projects in this call, which is therefore aimed primarily at networking events, workshops, and social activities. A research project may be considered if it is of high importance or quality.
The call will fund up to SEK 50,000 per project. It aims to develop new networks and collaborations between research groups across schools and departments, and it is highly advised that you have at least two departments and/or divisions involved in your application. Collaborations across schools are especially encouraged!
If you are interested in applying for this call but are not sure what activities are appropriate, here are some examples:
- Starting a KTH-wide network or continuing the activities of an existing network
- Activities related to networking with external partners (private, public, or research institute) or fostering new or strengthening existing links
- Organising a conference or seminar series focusing on research in Life Science
- Multidisciplinary research projects within Life Science of high importance or quality
Keep in mind…
- The call is not a travel grant.
- Two different schools or departments should preferably be involved in the application, with two collaborating PIs at KTH. You can, however, have a third PI from outside of KTH.
How to apply
Submit your application at latest Monday 4 December by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content of the application
The application must include:
- Project title.
- Start and end date of the project.
- Main applicant (must be a KTH affiliate), with affiliation and contact information.
- Co-applicants (including school and department (must be from KTH).
- The amount applied for, with a clear justification of planned expenses.
- Project description, including methods and goals. You must describe the multidisciplinary angle clearly.
- Action plan/milestones and timetable.
The application should:
- Be in a PDF format.
- Not exceed two pages.
- Use the Times New Roman font, size 12pts.
- Be written in Swedish or English.
Do you need more information or have questions on the call? Contact the Life Science Platform via email@example.com.