Call: Collaboration and networking within Life Science
KTH Researchers are invited to apply for funding to enhance multidisciplinary activities in the Life Sciences domain, for example research collaborations, workshops and networking events. Funding of up to SEK 50,000 per project can be disbursed. Application Deadline: 18 November 2022.
Aim of the Call
Multidisciplinary collaborations, workshops and events. The KTH Life Science Platform will support activities and networks at KTH with the aim to establish new or maintain existing multidisciplinary collaborations, supporting applications in Life Science-related research and planning events. We also accept applications for projects addressing networking events, workshops and social activities.
Amount of funding
SEK 50,000 per project. We expect to fund 6-7 projects in this round.
We especially encourage young researchers (e.g. Postdocs and advanced PhD students) to apply for this grant.
Across KTH's Schools and departments
This grant is a great opportunity to develop new collaborations between different research groups across KTH’s schools and departments – it is highly advised to have at least two departments/divisions involved and collaborations across schools are especially encouraged.
Examples of activities that can be supported:
- Multidisciplinary research projects within Life Science.
- Projects that could lead to new larger multidisciplinary research applications.
- Starting of a KTH-wide network, or to continue with the activities of an existing network.
- Activities related to networking with external partners (private, public or research institute), fostering new or strengthening existing links.
- Organization of a conference or seminar series with focus on Life Science Research.
Please note that:
- This is not a call for travel grants
- The two collaborating PI's must belong to KTH. You can have a third PI belonging to outside KTH
Application Deadline: 18 November 2022
Selected applicants will be informed of the decision on 28 November 2022 at the KTH Life Science Day event .
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The applications should be provided as a pdf, not exceed 2 pages using Times New Roman 12pts. The application can be written in Swedish or English.
The application must contain the following information:
- Project Title
- Start and end date of the project
- Main Applicant (must be a KTH affiliate)
- Main Applicant’s affiliation and contact information
- Co-applicants (including school and dept. : must be from KTH)
- Amount applied for
- Justification of planned expenses
- Project Description including methods, goals
- Action plan/milestones and timetable