Open call for strategic support within transport
KTH Transport Platform is announcing a new open call for activities that meet two or more of the following strategic goals. The deadline for this call is 9 November 2022. Applications are restricted to the transport domain, and to a budget of around SEK 100,000–200,000 (up to SEK 400,000).
Strategic goals of the call
- Early Career Researcher
- Cross-Disciplinary/Cross-School Activity
- Research Environment that supports cross-school activities
- Activity related to strategic research areas (Holistic Transport System, Future Transport Infrastructure, Innovative Vehicle Concepts, Policy and Institutional Framework and Transport in the Information Age)
- Advocacy and Networking Activity
- Seed funding to initiate a new collaboration with an external partner
- All applications will be ranked according to criteria (proposals independently reviewed by director and deputies), minimum scores on criteria
- Ask for a requested amount, in the range of SEK 100,000-200,000 (up to SEK 400,000)
- Purpose of the money should be clearly justified, for example, financing pre-studies, writing external project applications, possible infrastructure costs etc. that align with the strategic goals above.
Is the activity in the transport domain and are KTH researcher(s) the main PIs?
- Transport domain: (0: No, 1: Yes - min 1)
- KTH researcher (0: No, 1: Yes – min 1)
How many of the strategic goals does the activity address?
(0 …. 5 – min 2)
Is there a need for financial support and is the sponsoring wisely spent?
(0: no need & bad investment … 4: urgent need & valuable investment – min 2)
Will the KTHs Transport research environment (e.g. the platform) be promoted?
(0: badly promoted … 4: excellently promoted – min 2)
Will the event be valuable for KTH researchers, environment, and/or platform?
(0: no value … 4: very high value, e.g relevant for many researchers, strategic for KTH, cross-disciplinary, involves researchers from different schools, … - min 2)
How to apply
Applications should describe the activity/project and explicitly reflect on how it will satisfy the outlined criteria, and how it will meet the goals stated. Applications should also specify the budget. The application should be sent to the platform director, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The platform will request a report with the following questions once the activity/project ends:
- Brief reflection how the money was used/what it has enabled
- Brief reflection on the value for KTH and how the goals were addressed.