On these pages you will find information on how to start a recruitment for Teaching assistant positions as well as templates and support for the entire recruitment process from start to finish. To start the process, contact HR at your school.
The recruitment manager in collaboration with the HR at your school carries out this planning prior to the start of a new recruitment process and develops an employment profile / requirements profile.
An employment as a Teching assistent at KTH is regulated in accordance with the Higher Education Ordinance
To recruit a Teching assistent you do not need a recruitment permit. However, as a manager, you need to know the regulations that Teaching assistent employment regulates before you contact HR.
At KTH, we have these three sub-denominations to distinguish different types of undergraduate assistant.
- research student assistant-forskningsamanuens
Definition: amanuens working in research projects
- teaching assistant-undervisningsamanuens
Definition: amanuens working with teaching
- administrative assistant- administrative amanuens -
Definition: amanuens working in administrative activities
Requirements and restrictions when employing teacher assistant
Employment of Teaching assistent is regulated in the Higher Education Ordinance. The following requirements and restrictions apply when employing Teaching assistant:
- The employment may not exceed 50% of full time.
- The work shall include teaching, administration or participation in research or artistic research.
- Only those who are accepted for basic or advanced education can be hired as Teacher assistent
- An Teching assistant are employed for a maximum of one year at a time. The employment can be renewed for up to three years.
When you are ready to announce Teaching assistent employment, download and fill in the ad template for Teaching assistent available under related documents.
All recruitment matters are handled via KTH's recruitment system Varbi.