Skip to main content

Salary payment and tax certificate

KTH applies individual setting of salary. As a new employee, you must send the A-tax (preliminary tax paid by wage-earners) certificate and submit employee details. The self-reporting system has information on your salary which is normally paid on the 25th of every month.


Your salary will be paid on the 25th of every month. If the 25th falls on a Saturday, the payment takes place on the previous day, and if the 25th falls on a Sunday, the payment takes place on the next day.

In order to have your salary deposited to a bank account, you must register your bank account via Nordea's online service . KTH's employer’s reg. no is 505751.

If you don't have a Swedish personnummer you need a Löntagarnummer/Employers reg no with Nordea, that shall be reported to Nordea. Please contact  to receive your number.

If Nordea do not have the bank transfer order, the salary will automatically be paid through the paying-out form which is sent to your address (see and change it in the self-reporting system, Mina personuppgifter/My personal data).

Self reporting

In order to ensure correct salary payments to employees, the main rule is that everything that applies to the current month shall be approved continuously by your manager in the self-reporting system and KTH-res, but no later than the 15'th

It is especially important that all absences that affect wages such as ex. leave of absence is registered and approved in good time before the leave starts to avoid you getting an ev. pay liability.

Upcoming payments


  • 24 Jan
  • 25 Feb
  • 25 Mar
  • 24 Apr
  • 25 May
  • 25 Jun
  • 24 Jul
  • 25 Aug
  • 25 Sep
  • 26 Oct
  • 25 Nov
  • 23 Dec


You can find your payslip by logging into the self-reporting system and clicking on Mina sidor/My pages, Lönespecifikation/Payslip online (data). Select the month you want to view and click on the button Payslip online (presentation) at the top.

When your employment is completed, you can no longer get your payroll specification through the self-reporting system. If you need a salary specification, contact the salaryoffice .


As a new employee, you should send the A-tax certificate to KTH in order to receive the correct tax deduction. If we do not have the A-tax certificate, tax is deducted in accordance with the City of Stockholm’s tax table + 10%.

You can apply for adjustment to the Swedish Tax Agency  and should then send your adjustment decision to KTH. E-mail address:

Did you find this page useful?
Thank you for helping us!
Page responsible:Ankie Brundin
Belongs to: KTH Intranet
Last changed: Jan 07, 2020