Establishment of a course on first or second cycle
The last date for establishing a new course for the next academic year is 15 October. Please note that the documents must be submitted to the school's course syllabus reviewing committee no later than 1 September in order for the course to be approved.
When establishing a new course, a syllabus and supplementary information for registration of the course in Ladok shall be determined. Follow the instructions below if you wish to establish a new course. Decision template and supporting documents can be found on the KTH intranet, Inrätta kurs (in Swedish only).
Process for establishing new course at EECS
Intended course coordinator and director of studies:
- The course coordinator defines the course content, education cycle, prerequisites and student target group. The course coordinator makes sure that the programme director for the programme that is the target group for the course is notified.
- The course coordinator makes sure that the director of studies for the department to which the course will belong, is notified.
- The course coordinator fills out the decision template beslutsmall för inrättande av kurs – beslut och bilaga (in Swedish) with background, course syllabus and a short description of the course (for contract education there is a special decision template, see beslutsmall för inrättande av kurs inom uppdragsutbildning ).
- The director of studies adds a course code, information on which unit the course should belong to, main field of study, disciplinary domain, and, if needed, specific entry requirements. The form should be sent to the reviewing committee email@example.com , no later than 1 September.
The course syllabus reviewing committee:
- The course syllabus reviewing committee checks that the course does not overlap with existing courses at the school, examines the texts, adds potential standard texts for the school (such as link to the code of honour), works together with the course coordinator and finalises the text.
- The school's office of student affairs makes a final review, writes the decision of registering a course and conveys the documents and appendixes to the director of first and second cycle education and the head of school.
- The director of first and second cycle education and the head of school signs the decision.
- The school's office of student affairs registers the decision in the register system W3D3.
- The school's office of student affairs submits the scanned documents to Ladok.
- VS/EDO registers the course data in Ladok and informs the school when the course is established in Ladok.
- The school's office of student affairs enters the course syllabus and any additional course data into Kopps and marks the course syllabus status as ”completed”.
- Convertus in Kopps translates the Swedish course syllabus into English.
- The language examiner at EECS examines the translated English course syllabus and approves it.
- The course syllabus is published in the course and programme directory at kth.se.