Call for proposal: Nanobiotechnology laboratory
The Nanobiotechnology Laboratory features state-of-the-art equipped facilities designed to foster interdisciplinary studies. A special emphasis lies on characterisation of nanomaterials, micro-nanoplastics, nanomedicines, advanced materials and their interactions with biological systems, as well as on the detection, identification and characterisation of nanomaterials in food and consumer products.
Priority topics of the call:
- Nanomaterial characterisation including their interactions with biological systems (culture media, proteins, etc.)
- Detection of nanomaterials and nano(micro)plastics in complex matrices
- Surface chemical analysis of macro and nanomaterials. Surface modification and nano-fabrication
- Biomolecular interaction studies, characterisation of antibodies and antigens, bio-interfaces characterisation
- Advanced material characterisation for non-bio-applications (energy, transport, circular economy, environment etc.).
The JRC facilitates access to the Nanobiotechnology laboratory in the relevance-driven mode:
- Payment of additional costs are waived, excluding consumables and expenses
- Support to travel and subsistence of Users: for Users from User Institutions located in countries eligible for the Widening actions under the Horizon 2020 the JRC can support travel and subsistence costs.