Clear web data in web browser
If you can not log in to a website or if the website does not work as you expected, then you can try clearing web data in your web browser. Here we refer to guides that show you how to clear your web browser's cache, cookies and web history. The guides go through Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Safari on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) and Android phones.
Find the name of your web browser
If you are unsure of which version of the web browser you are using, follow these steps:
- In your browser, open the menu. The symbol is usually three dots, three dashes or a gear symbol.
- Open the "Help" submenu.
- You should now see a selection called "About [browser name]"
If you do not see the instructions for your specific version or browser, search the browser's Help menu for "Clear Cache / Clear History".
Note! Restart your browser after clearing it according to one of the reference guides.
How to clear web data in a specific web browser
Here we refer to the browser support websites where information is updated by the provider of the specific browser.
- View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge (support.microsoft.com)
- Clear cookies and site data in Firefox (support.mozilla.org)
- Clear browsing data in Google Chrome (support.google.com)
- View and delete your browsing history in Internet Explorer (support.microsoft.com)
- Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac (support.apple.com)
- Remove stored cookies and data in Safari
- Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (support.apple.com)
- Clear web data in Google Chrome on Android (support.google.com)
If you are using a different web browser on your Android device, visit the browser's support website for instructions.