Open science opportunities in Horizon Europe
Open Science has the potential to change and make research more accessible to everyone. Citizen science and public engagement are important parts of Open Science and Horizon Europe, the new EU framework programme for research and innovation
Time: Wed 2021-09-15 10.00 - 12.00
Involving society and its citizens in research helps to maximise the impact of new knowledge and improve understanding of the scientific process. But how do you engage and collaborate with citizens in your own work and research projects? What are the drivers, benefits and challenges and how do you ensure that you involve all relevant parties?
In this workshop, you will learn about how to engage different types of stakeholders, what citizen science is and how it can strengthen your project proposals for Horizon Europe as well as other international and national research and innovation programmes.
Christian Kirschsteiger, responsible within the European Commission's Directorate-General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CNECT) for the strategy development of EU policies for smart infrastructures, including energy and transport.
Maria Hagardt International Relations & Communications Manager, Vetenskap & Allmänhet
Lotta Waesterberg Tomasson, Communications Strategist and Project leader, Vetenskap & Allmänhet
Elisabetta Broglio, Citizen Science facilitator CRG and researcher Marc A. Marti-Renom
Anna Raask, Research advisor ( EU, Impact), KTH Research Support Office
Registration (zoom link will be sent to all registered participants)
- European Commission on Open Science and Citizen Science in the context of digital modelling
- The European Commission initiative Destination Earth (DestinE) which aims to develop a high precision digital model of the Earth to monitor and simulate natural and human activity as an example of bringing together open science & citizen science under a major digital modelling initiative, and the
- Digital Europe Programme (DEP), the EU funding programme focused on bringing digital technology to businesses, citizens and public administrations.
- Citizen Science and Public Engagement in Horizon Europe.
- What is Citizen Science?
- A presentation of the Genigma project and other Swedish and international projects.
- How to set up a successful citizen science project.
The workshop is free of charge and is a joint collaboration between Vetenskap & Allmänhet, VA (Public & Science), KTH Research Support Office and Digital Futures (KTH, SU, RISE).
The workshop is held in English.