Webinar in Zoom
KTH IT Support offers for a fee a Zoom webinar license so that organizers can keep webinar meetings in Zoom.
It is appropriate in cases where regular zoom meetings are not enough, for example, where participants do not need to be involved in the discussion and do not need to be seen and heard.
For online courses use regular zoom meeting
This doesnt apply for dissertations and licentiate. For that go here
Some of the difference between regular meetings and webinar meetings in zoom is that
- Webinar has a feature where participants can ask questions in Q&A format
- Only Host, co-host and Panelist that can be seen with image and sound.
- In webinar there is no possibility of breakout room it is only available in regular zoom meetings.
If you want to use the Zoom webinar, the organizer of the meeting needs to contact firstname.lastname@example.org via an e-mail / case. Please note that the License Cost is weekly
Webinar 500 is provided by KTH-IT
Webinar 1000 cost 3000kr /week
Here is a workflow and instructions on how to proceed.
- The organizer ask for webinar license by contacting Itemail@example.com
- In the email, the organizer shall provide the following information:
- In the subject line enter: Date of the meeting and name for the conference
- In the message enter:
- Customer: (Name, e-post address and phone number)
- Cost Center:
- Billing Reference
- Name, email address and telephone number of the organizer (or other contact person , ie the person who will have continued contact with KTH IT-Support in this matter)
- KTH IT-Support will register a Zoom webinar license and give feedback to the organizer
- If any of the organizers or audience should attend from a room at KTH, a suitable room with video equipment must be booked through KTH's local booking. A list of suitable premises can be found here: intra.kth.se/en/it/kth-videoconferencing/video-conf/rooms-with-videoconf/boka-rum-med-videokonferens-1.800139
KTH IT-Support helps with instructions, tips and advice, with the start of the Zoom webinar meeting itself, as well as with support in the physical room if wanted.
If a support is needed during the actual webinar meeting, contact KTH IT Support immediately on 08-790 6600. KTH IT-Support handles these types of cases with the highest priority.
Once you have received feedback from KTH IT-Support that a Zoom webinar license is registered (usually using the organizers kth.se account), you need to set up a Zoom webinar meeting.
To set up a Zoom webinar meeting:
- Launch a browser and go to "kth-se.zoom.us"
- Log in with your kth.se account
- Click on "Webinars" and then on "Schedule a Webinar"
- Enter the information you want to be public, when you are done click on "Schedule"
- Scroll down to the end of the webinar setting and find "Invitations". Copy the URL Registration link and publish it, this will enable the audience to register for the Zoom webinar and get the information they need to connect to the meeting.
- To add members as panelists click on Edit to the left. Panelists in this case are those who actively participate in the defense ie. respondent, opponent, grading committee, chairman. You need to enter both name and email address.
- Then click "Save" to save meeting settings. The meeting will be saved and you will find it under "Webinars" in the left column.
Those added to the Panelists list will receive an autogenerated email, with the invitation and instruction on how to register and attend the Zoom webinar.
The next step is the Zoom webinar itself at the time of the defense.'
Here are some tips for the organizer:
- Prepare e-mail addresses and telephone numbers in advance to all participants in case the technology does not work and they need to be contacted using other means of communication.
- Starting Zoom webinar a while before the defense begins and test that everything is working as it should. If necessary, contact KTH IT Support.
- Ensure that all participants can participate without interruption
- In cases where you have booked a room for the audience, make sure that the audience can see and hear the public defense and can ask questions
You can find several recommendations and tips for successful Zoom meetings here :