Integration and working methods
KTH's sustainability objectives and measures for integration and working methods 2021-2025.
Sustainability objectives and measures for integration and working methods 2021-2025
KTH's work with sustainable development and gender equality is integrated into everyday operations, and employees and those working on behalf of KTH have knowledge and are provided with the conditions to contribute based on their individual roles.
Sub-targets to be achieved by the end of 2025 at the latest
4.1 In KTH's steering and follow-up processes (processes, plans, and decisions), the environment, gender equality and equal opportunities, and sustainable development are integrated.
4.2 At KTH, employees have knowledge of sustainable development, gender equality and equal opportunities, and climate challenges and work to contribute to sustainable development and reduced climate impact in daily operations according to their functional roles.
4.3 Schools' departments and divisions whose subject can contribute to sustainable development and a climate-neutral society have teachers and researchers with expertise in teaching about this and who can research and attract external grants for sustainable development and transition to a climate-neutral society.
4.4 KTH's employees and students use practical and digital training solutions for safe chemical management.
Sub-targets to be achieved by the end of 2022 at the latest
4.5. KTH is a leader in taking advantage of the opportunities digitalisation provides with respect to sustainable development, gender equality and equal opportunities, and climate transition.
4.6 At KTH, decision-makers, managers, and other senior officials have knowledge of sustainable development, gender equality and equal opportunities, and climate issues.
4.7. At KTH, staff in educational leader roles such as Director of First and Second Cycle Education, Director of Third Cycle Education, Programme Director, and people on the Board of Education, Faculty Council and the like, have undergone training in how sustainable development including gender equality and equal opportunities and climate issues can be integrated into degree programmes.
4.8 KTH has developed the systematic approach to phase out particularly hazardous substances that are not a necessary part of research or teaching.
Action plan for the university-wide sustainability objectives 2021-2025
The action plan describes measures, decision-makers, responsible manager in the line organisation, resources, and when the measures must be implemented at the latest and how decisions on the measures are to be communicated.
Action plan for the university-wide sustainability objectives 2021-2025 (docx 89 kB)
- Relevant processes, steering documents, plans and decisions are mapped and adopted in order to integrate sustainable development, climate, and gender equality and equal opportunities where relevant.
- Identify needs and propose training elements so that employees and those working on behalf of KTH strengthen their competence in sustainable development, gender equality and equal opportunities, and climate. The proposals are submitted to Arena for Leadership and Pedagogy (ALP), which makes decisions on implementation.
- Courses in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education are developed and implemented, and teachers receive individual coaching to strengthen the integration of sustainable development and gender equality and equal opportunities in programmes and courses.
- Sustainable development and gender equality and equal opportunities are considered in the schools' and UA's recruitment and staff training plans.
- In connection with the review of KTH's resource allocation model, gender equality and equal opportunities shall be considered and incentives to achieve KTH's sustainability objectives shall be examined.